An engineering technician is an individual who must apply considerable knowledge and hands on skills in at least one of several competencies such as: CAD, Machinist, Toolmaker, Automation and Controls. As a level 1, the individual must demonstrate the ability to properly and safely command basic tools and approaches that are common to the industry or practice.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES; CAD Technician
- Work with others to interpret their needs and develop CAD solid models and drawings in a manner consistent with industry standards, common practice and PMP standards.
- Manage CAD drawings and files in a manner consistent with industry standards, common practice and PMP standards.
- Comfortable with intermediate to advanced solid modeling techniques using Solidworks.
- Apply knowledge and understanding of fabrication techniques, engineering materials and principles to your own and others work.
- Work with suppliers and other stakeholder to achieve success.
- Follow detailed instructions, learn from mistakes, open to feedback and constructive criticism.
- Solidworks Enterprise Product Data Management (EPDM) administrator assistant duties.
Other duties within area of expertise include:
- Must be able to interpret, translate, and integrate specifications, industry standards, manufacturer specifications.
- Offer suggestions and alternatives to design and development.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Trade school certification 0-2 years experience. Completed or actively working toward applied technology associates degree, trade certification, or similar.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS Trade certification or associates degree preferred but not required in lieu of specific experience.